What is SoMeat Kara-age ?
SoMeat Kara-age is a 100% plant-based fried chicken alternative.
< Suitable for everyone: Vegetarians, Vegans, Buddhists, Health-Conscious Meat-Eaters, Practitioners of Meatless Mondays, Etc. >
No animal products; no preservatives; no artificial coloring; no chemical additives.
● Ingredients: Textured soy protein (Non-GMO); organic soy sauce; potato starch; rice oil.
● Contents: 500g of soy meat/pack ● Recommended shelf life: 10-11 months.
● Storage: Keep in the freezer at -18°C or colder.
● Nutrition facts: Serving Size 100g; Calories 200kcal; Protein 16.6g; Fat 10.7g; Carbohydrates 9.2g; Sodium 600mg.
How do I cook it?
Ready to eat in mere minutes!
1. Take frozen bag of fried “chicken” kara-age.
2. Place frozen pieces of kara-age on a piece of aluminum foil in a toaster oven.
3. Toast for 4 minutes at 1300W or 230℃ (depending on the settings of your toaster oven).
*Different toaster ovens have different settings, depending on brand and model. If your machine doesn’t have either 1300W of 230℃ settings, we advise toasting at a high setting for a short period of time.
4. Serve when toasted to satisfaction.
SoMeat kara-age is excellent chilled and tastes great as left-overs or in bento boxes.
Please do not cook kara-age in a microwave oven – this will degrade the texture and result in less-than-optimal taste.